Friday, April 8, 2011

2-2: Icon Analysis


 

There are many icons that have different meaning to the different individuals. The three icons I have chosen are Barack Obama, Abraham Lincoln, and Emeril Lagasse.
Abraham Lincoln was icon in his time, president Abraham Lincoln fought for freedom and he was against slave trade.  During his campaign, Abraham expresses that he is limiting expanding of slavery to new areas. Many people were not happy Abraham’s policy, but after long term struggle Abraham’s ideas works and black people got their freedom.  I chosen Abraham because the importance of freedom, imaging what is happening many places in the world, especially middle east and some areas in Africa. People are fighting for their rights including freedom of rights, democracy, economic change, jobs, and constitutional reform.
The second choice for my icon is Barack Obama; he is the first black president of United States. Obama’s presidency surprises many people in the world because they did not believe that majority of American people will vote black man for president of the United States of America. After he was elected most international community welcomes his presidency. I believe Obama is the American icon at the present time.  I have chosen president Obama because he changed the history of America. Most Americans voted for Obama because they want change. Obama’s election shows the value of democracy and I hope American people will be a good example to the rest of the world.
 Emeril Lagasse was a man of creative, he was a chef and he opened cuisine in New Orleans. Emeril decided to make different traditional foods in his restaurant in order to attract more diverse customers. In short period, Emeril’s restaurant becomes the best restaurant of the year. After few years, Emeril published his book, which is about his creativity approach. He become famous man in cable television programs finally Emeril created a TV show, few years later his show become one of the top ten shows on TV, and his show become popular on the media. I have chosen Emirel because he understood the opportunity of diversity. His ambiguous enables him to succeed in the business.




No comments:

Post a Comment