Popular culture is referred as a socio-cultural matter that majority of society practices in a particular culture. Popular culture describes the people’s thoughts, beliefs, opinions, and behaviors that the society shares in. Popular culture can also define what is happening in the society every day and the behaviors that the people portray every day. For example, watching TV, what we eat, watching favor films, and clothing style, all these are part of popular culture.
Understanding of popular culture is very important in business process because both business and popular culture have tremendous relationship with one another. Each one depends on the other one in a friendly collaboration. When business organization is selling their services or products, they should advertize it by some kind of popular culture such as advertizing products in TV or magazines in order to attract customers and promote the business. Currently, I work with healthcare organization and we provide services to different people with different background. The understanding of popular culture will give me an opportunity to learn more about the different cultures, beliefs, behaviors, and opinion of our diverse clients that allows me to provide proper service to every client without violating his/her culture or behavior.
I selected world cup soccer for example of my artifact ebecause it is a popular culture. The reason I chose this artifact is I believe the world cup is the most common popular culture that most of the countries participate during the world cup, which held once every four years. Many business organizations spend lot of money to advertise world cup, and the media broadcasts the scores and the situation of the game in general.

I wouldn't have thought of picking the World Cup. It makes perfect sense though. Soccer is the most popular and followed sport in the world!
ReplyDeleteI like you definition of popular culture, too. I especially like how you related it to business. Good Job!